Sunday, November 14, 2010

Jennifer Rose Oddo * Paranormal Activity 3?

**Disclaimer: this is not an actual photo taken of the schoolhouse; just a picture to set the tone and mood.

I'm guessing this is probably not the first image you expected to see when trying to learn more about an old schoolhouse from the late 1800's.  Well, not only is this school house famous for being the first known public school system in Bergen County, it is also famous for being investigated for paranormal activity in September 2008.


The investigation was completed by Alliance Ghost Hunters of Jersey City, NJ who heard whimpers and voices through electronic equipment, as well as camera movement.  The investigation occurred because many visitors to the school has reported seeing a female ghost.  The findings were archived in the September 16th edition of The South Bergenite and presented to the Lyndhurst Historical Society.

5 comments:

  1. Apparently the Alliance Ghost Hunters of Jersey City has closed up shop due to the economy.

    However, there is this interesting tidbit on their FAQ page (http://sites.google.com/site/allianceghosthunters/faq)

    "Remember, only 20% of all reported hauntings are considered to be true." I'd love to know where they go that statistic from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the location of this site? Is it still a school?
    I love the book that you included... it reminds me a book that I read to some students called "The Bake Shop Ghost" about a ghost whom lived in a bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I realized that I should have included more information about this location as the historical information is located in my other post! This is the River Road SchoolHouse, or "Little Red SchoolHouse" located in Lyndhurst, NJ. I chose to create two posts and define the space with the paranormal activity attached to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed when I read the statement, "Remember, only 20% of reported hauntings are considered to be true."I would love to hear someone explain their support of these characteristics. As noted in my earlier post, I know the River Road School House, but the picture you included on this post definitely changed the mood and tone of the location. Are the archives of the South Bergenite online? It would be interesting to see what their actual findings were or what they said they were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the picture that you chose. If I saw that picture before going into the house, I would question every single sound or creek that I heard. However, since I don't like scary things, after reading and this post and viewing the picture I probably would never go inside.

    ReplyDelete