Saturday, November 13, 2010

Morristown Green ~ Susan Light




Today, the Green mainly serves as a stage for public entertainment and politcal presentations. Long ago the Green linked local history to the history of the United States playing a role in several aspects of the American Revolution. In 1777 General George Washington's headquarters was located on the Green at Arnold's Tavern (pictured below).


The podcast below lists the greatest American leaders in history who have walked on and conferred on the Morristown Green.
 Podcast

The podcast was made by using the video posted on the website linked below. There is a video you can watch and the podcast is simply the narration of the video. I was unable to add the actual video, but thought the narration could serve as the voice for the podcast, rather than my own.

Click here for more information on the Green.

4 comments:

  1. The podcast was a great addition. How did you find it? Did you create it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you should be clearer about the nature of the podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pass the Green often, but have never thought of it as a historical space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I know! I never would've thought of The green as anymore than just that! I've learned a lot about the state from viewing the sites posted!

    ReplyDelete